With the start of the year we are of and running! I am excited to see all the blessings God has in store for us this year. I know that His hand has led us this far and if we follow, we will see His school contnue to grow. A reminder that this Thursday, September 14 at 6:00 PM in our classrooms we will have the very important Open House meetng of the year. Teachers will cover all the details of their room for the coming year. I know I will see you there!
Below are the students that will be in our GOLD SPOTLIGHT on Monday, September 25 at 8:15 in the morning. On the second page you can read more about that day. It will be a chance for each of them to show the school what they are about and how they are unique!
Don’t forget to order your photos on line from CORNERSTONE PHOTOGRAPHY, forms in the office.
I found the following list made by a University of California professor Sonja Lyubomirsky. She has listed what research shows the happiest people have in common. “Happy people…
- devote a great amount of tme to their family and friends, nurturing and enjoying those relationships.
- are comfortable expressing gratitude for all they have.
- are often the first to offer helping hands to coworkers and passersby.
- practice optimism when imagining their futures.
- savor life’s pleasures and try to live in the present moment.
- make physical exercise a weekly and even daily habit.
- are deeply commited to lifelong goals and ambitions (e.g., fightng fraud, building cabinets, or teaching their children their deeply held values).
The happiest people do have their share of stresses, crises, and even tragedies. They may become just as distressed and emotonal in such circumstances as you or I, but their secret weapon is the poise and strength they show in coping in the face of challenge.”
We have the greatest strength on our side, the greatest factor in keeping our poise, Jesus Christ. Knowing He will walk with us everyday and watch over our school and homes gives me a great level of confidence. I know you and all of your family will face each challenge as God is kept close to your side. We as Christians should be happy with that confidence. I am so glad you are with our family at Simi Valley Adventist School this year.